Mrs. Ebone' Brownlee, Student Services Coordinator
Mrs. Jacqueline McDavis, Career and Technical Education Counselor
Leland CTEC Mission Statement
Our mission is to empower our students with the necessary intellectual, social and civic development to succeed in higher education, obtain rewarding careers, and contribute meaningfully to the world in which they live.
The mission of the LCTEC counseling program is to empower students, through partnerships with teachers, administrators, parents, and an involved community, with the tools and resources needed to become college and career ready and to be life-long learners and problem solves.
LCTEC Counseling Program Beliefs
- Collaboration with all stakeholders is the key to a successful school counseling program.
- All students have the right to a safe and orderly school environment.
- All students deserve to be in an environment based on high expectations.
- All students are treated with dignity and respect.
- All students participate in the school counseling program which is administered by a state certified and licensed school counselor.
- All students’ regardless of ethnic, cultural, or special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- School counseling program planning and decision-making are data driven through an ongoing review of service delivery, curriculum management, and ASCA model data reports.
- The school counselor shall abide by the professional ASCS Code of Ethics.
The vision statement of the LCTEC counseling program is to ensure that with the collaborative assistance of all stakeholders, that every student is a high achiever who graduates college and career ready, and that they are well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century through gaining basic knowledge, skills and career certifications.
Mrs. Brownlee has been in the education field for 12 plus years. She is a graduate of Jackson State University where she earned a Bachelor's degree and also a graduate of Delta State University where she earned her MBA as well as Educational Specialist in Administration and Supervision. Her certifications include Gifted Education, Business Education, Career Pathway-Marketing, and Career and Technical Student Services Coordinator. During her educational career, she has taught Business Marketing, Gifted Education, and also served as an Academic Coach. She is currently in her sixth year with the Leland Career and Technical Center.
Mrs. Jacqueline S. McDavis has been the CTE counselor at the Leland Career and Technical Center for nine years. Previously, she has worked in the Greenville Public Schools and Indianola Public Schools as an academic and CTE counselor. Also, she has worked 12 ½ years in CTE in the Greenville Public Schools District before being assigned as an academic counselor. She states, "It has been an awarding experience working in Career and Technical Education again. My position as a CTE Counselor, allows me to help students explore their future goals and career opportunities, while planning for college, military and the workforce."
"In addition, positive relationships are developed with the parents and the business industry and community; while working together to help meet the need of the students."