Parents can play a vital role in helping teens succeed in school by being informed and lending a little support and guidance. Even though teens are seeking independence, parental involvement is an important ingredient for academic success. Here are 10 ways to keep your teen on track to succeed in high school.
1. Attend Back-to-School Night and Parent-Teacher Conferences
3. Support Homework Expectations
4. Send Your Teen to School Ready to Learn
5. Instill Organizational Skills
6. Offer Help With Studying
7. Know the Disciplinary and Bullying Policies
8. Get Involved
9. Take Attendance Seriously
10. Make Time to Talk About School
Kathryn Hoffses, “10 Ways to Help Your Kid Succeed in High School,” KidsHealth.org, December, 2019.